Monday, October 15, 2007

Polpoly Day 0

Aaah... Monday has arrived and my first day at Polopoly--day 0 of course (I am a SW developer after all)--has come.

Today I:
  • Read docs from Anders W: Setting up Polopoly for Performance - System Architect Guide and Polopoly monitoring and tuning - a system operator's guide.
  • Listened to a Polopoly intro presentation by Anders W.
  • Did all the usual setup and admin.
  • Looked at which mobile phone to get. There is a huge range of models to choose from. This took longer than it shoud have :). Settled for a Sony Ericsson T650i.
Even though it's still unclear which department I will work in I feel that this will be a great job. There are many intersting challenges ahead and room for ideas.


It feels funny to be back in Stockholm. I guess somewhere back in my head there is a part of me thinking I'm just visiting this cold and dark place and that I soon will go back. But it's very nice to be back in our apartment in Vasastan. Our apartment in Antibes had 'potential', but we were living in quite simple conditions. And I just love wooden floors--I have missed them so.

No comments: